If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

read it Rita Repulsa's voice. And silly, one can fake an alignment! right?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You can fake an alignment in behaviour, but you can't fool a Paladin's Detect Evil without going to great magical lengths. :P

Why are you trying to bring my idea crashing down? If for the purposes of the argument she's a massive powerful being/sorcerer, hiding her true alignment would kind of be necessary.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I'm just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. I do things like that quite often.

In reality, Erith does have a fairly big role to play in the story, but it's got more to do with her position as the head of a minor House than being an immortal sorceror.

I can't promise you that there aren't other massively powerful sorcerors waiting in the wings, because if I did, I might be lying.

However, I'd like to think that I could come up with something more original than 'Your party's mentor and benefactor is secretly evil and using you to gain power'.

I would think so.

Hah, lol.

heh.

Lazuli: It is your turn, by the way.

(If someone takes too long to post, by the way, I'm skipping their turn to move the game along. I'll give people a few days before that happens though.)

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Oh, it is?

Okay, let me just see what I should do.

• edited 2012-11-16 02:17:31
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

OK, I cannot think right now. What do I have to roll for Magic Missile?

Also do I have to aim at a specific skeleton or can I just target the nearest one?

You need to roll for Spell Resistance, if your opponent has it. In this case, the skeletors do not have it; in further incidents, you would roll 1d20+your caster level.

You do need to specify your target, but in this instance, you can just say 'the nearest one' and I will know which one you are referring to.

So, all you need to do currently is specify your target and roll damage.

OK dank je.

I forgot that Magic Missile always hits, yes.

It hits, but it is also affected by Spell Resistance, if your opponent has it.

I know, but skeletons don't.

son of a bitch.

I just realized I wrote the last post in present tense, whilst all my prior ones have been in past tense.

and I can't edit the post, cuz the thing will go DURR HURR U CHEETED

• Has friends besides tanks now

Gonna roll starting wealth for my backup character here:

(Rolled: 4d6. Rolls: 5, 2, 4, 4. Total: 15)

why do you want your character to die

it's rude you know

• edited 2012-11-16 14:56:22
    Has friends besides tanks now

But I don't! D:

I just had the idea when I was thinking one day. I like making characters.

Also, extra Hit Dice, since they couldn't possibly come in until level 3.

(Rolled: 2d8. Rolls: 7, 4. Total: 11)

I just realized that I can technically have each of my weapons in hand, dagger and scimitar, and not take penalties as long as I don't attack with both at once.

IJBM: Everyone in Dungeons and Dragons is ambidextrous. Why can't I be ambidextrous?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I'm fairly certain the penalties specifically apply to your off hand.

Ah. I wasn't sure what to make of Two-Weapon Fighting's wording, but I guess that makes sense.

It's also your turn, by the way.

Yo. Clockwork.

Do I take a penalty to my prospective attack roll for attacking when the eventual skeleton is at the doorframe?

I believe the skeleton gains a +4 partial concealment AC bonus.

• edited 2012-11-17 23:49:58
    Ah. Okay. Which means switching weapons was probably a silly idea, especially since the other two casters can help ne with plinking away at them. Ah, well.

EDIT: Wait, the partial bonus is that high now?
  • edited 2012-11-17 23:53:14
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

According to the rules:

To determine whether your target has cover from your ranged attack, choose a corner of your square. If any line from this corner to any corner of the target's square passes through a square or border that blocks line of effect or provides cover, or through a square occupied by a creature, the target has cover (+4 to AC).

When making a melee attack against an adjacent target, your target has cover if any line from any corner of your square to the target's square goes through a wall (including a low wall). When making a melee attack against a target that isn't adjacent to you (such as with a reach weapon), use the rules for determining cover from ranged attacks.

• edited 2012-11-18 23:13:26

Wouldn't the skeleton that just attacked Nom Lam be subject to either Nom Lam's readied attack, or mine?

If you saw the parenthesis that I just removed, never mind that; I didn't know that you could take a 5-foot step as part of that.