If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• edited 2012-11-19 01:28:41
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You can ready a standard action, a move action, a swift action, or a free action. To do so, specify the action you will take and the conditions under which you will take it. Then, anytime before your next action, you may take the readied action in response to that condition. The action occurs just before the action that triggers it. If the triggered action is part of another character's activities, you interrupt the other character. Assuming he is still capable of doing so, he continues his actions once you complete your readied action. Your initiative result changes. For the rest of the encounter, your initiative result is the count on which you took the readied action, and you act immediately ahead of the character whose action triggered your readied action.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Ah. Okay.

• Personally, I'd just let Hobbes charge in, as Hobbes could annihilate the whole lot of them and is probably your toughest melee character.

While Hobbes does have a pretty strong attack (assuming a full attack without the sword), not being a PC means that it gets average HP by hit dice, and a max of 14 ac at level 1 makes it pretty fragile.

Of course, it also has the advantage of being expendable and the only character currently in the party that can actually be healed.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Hobbes actually has an AC of 16- 4 Natural Armour and 2 Dexterity bonus. 't also has 11 HP, which is the highest in the party currently.

• Oh, I forgot the base form's armor bonus. Still, average d10 + 1 from con should give a total 6 HP, 7 with the human favored bonus.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Well, that assumes I'm not treating Hobbes as a PC.

• edited 2012-11-19 21:21:50

Well, it isn't. Not any more than an animal companion or a mount, at least.

No, a Summoner's Eidolon is much more intrinsic to their character.

A Paladin's Mount is generally a thing they can get, but both their abilities and their character exist outside of their mount. Similarly, an animal companion helps a character, but Druids have powers outside of their animal companions.

Summoner's Eidolons are designed to complement their character, though. The Summoner is weaker than a Sorceror, and at higher levels, the Eidolon is weaker than melee characters. The Summoner's magic supports the Eidolon, and the Eidolon's power supports the Summoner.

They're a sort of a package-PC; neither is complete without the other. While Paladins and Druids can be useful without their Mounts and Companions, a Summoner is not useful without an Eidolon.

• edited 2012-11-19 21:56:59

Actually, the summoner does have powerful options other than the Eidolon: the actual summons, which are mutually exclusive with the Eidolon (as in, they can't have both out at the same time) for this particular reason. Likewise a cavalier's potential is pretty dependent of their access to a mount, yet this one is treated just like an animal companion.

In the end, though, I guess it's fine. I just had some concerns with party balance (which is a frequent problem with summoners, due their rules being pretty complicated, leading to people interpreting things in ways they shouldn't be), but INUH is pretty obviously not powergaming (after all, manufactured + natural weapons are a very suboptimal choice).

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I only powergame when it's explicitly the point of the campaign.

Which is very fun, but just kind of crazy.

• Has friends besides tanks now

So, it's Lazuli's turn next, right?

Yes.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

wat shud i do tho

kill it

kill everything

okay

(Rolled: d100+999. Rolls: . Total: 999)

did i do it rite

no

you did it wrong

didn't even roll a die

Yo. Lazuli. Waiting on you.

Do I actually have to do anything? I thought I was just stepping back and letting the tiger charge in.

At the very least, you should indicate that you are stepping back and letting the tiger charge in. Otherwise, I don't know if that's what you're intending, because you haven't indicated that you're doing anything.

There.

• For the record, it's Thevel's turn next.

Not anymore >.>

Fucking 7:30 AM shifts. YOu have no ida how hard it was for me to type that psot out.

Well, maybe if you went to bed earlier than 1AM. :P

Thevel is, unfortunately, too far away for Acid Splash to work.

I generally can't fall asleep until well after 1 AM unless I"m sleep deprived already.

So it is now... All Nine's turn.

• edited 2012-11-24 10:31:19
    Has friends besides tanks now

Hmm. Well, I don't know if anyone's indicated that we were going to just send Hobbes in, in-character. In any case, I suppose keeping the bottleneck is still the most sensible option, for me? At least until Hobbes is in.

EDIT: Never mind, Hobbes moved to the doorway. Still wouldn't make sense for me to move in just yet, especially since I don't know if I could set up the optimal range for color spray. Could I get an update on the map? I can't remember quite how many skeletors are left, or where people are.

Also, remind me to prepare acid splash for the next in-game day.

• So, it's my turn next, and I really lost track of where everyone's standing right now. Can I get an updated map thingie?

• What can I actually see? I mean, do I see the skeletons on the other side? Just the ones in the back row?