If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Aaand now it's Lazuli's turn.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Okay. Um, Lazuli, it's your turn now.

I am sorry to have to say it, but... if you don't take your turn soon, I'm going to have to take it as your decision to step out of the game. This is essentially your third turn in a row, and not getting to it promptly (i.e. when I can actually see you posting elsewhere on the forum after your turn began without posting to it here) doesn't fill me with confidence about your future participation.

• edited 2012-12-21 05:41:51
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Yeah I'm sorry, I've been busy.

You can hand Rede off to whomever, I don't really have the attention span necessary to keep invested in this anymore. I apologize, especially since it was my idea in the first place, but I've just got too much to work on nowadays*, and I only spend a few minutes at a time on this forum anymore. So I probably didn't even notice you bumped the thread.

It sucks cuz I do really want to play but I just don't think I can, sorry.

*an album and literal work, if you're wondering.

Well...

I'll ask saladofstones if he'd like to take over. Otherwise, unless like, Alex wants to play, I may just have to kill Rede off :x

• Has friends besides tanks now

It's always nice to have opportunities to quip. :x

• I'm a little confused, are the skeletons in front of both me and All Nines dead?

Yes.

The skeleton in front of Hobbes and the one wielding a crossbow are the only ones remaining, IIRC.

Here's the map as it stood on December 12, at 6:44 PM.

Hobbes then destroyed the skeleton to his left.

Zoras then attacked a skeleton (somehow, but I'm not too concerned with him not having moved, so don't raise a fuss over it) and destroyed it.

Hobbes then destroyed another skeleton.

Lastly, Djanain destroyed the skeleton you injured previously which had been mocking him.

That leaves the map standing like this:

• OK... It's time for a very suboptimal move, then.

Hrm.

Normally, I'd give you a bonus for that attack roll for overrolling your Jump roll there. However, you actually have to cross ten feet to get within attack range of the skeleton, which would give you... a DC of 20 to cover- an Acrobatics check of 10 for 10 feet, doubled due to not having a running start.

Unless you moved five feet somewhere else, but as you moved with an Acrobatics check, I think that counts as a move action, and thus won't let you take a five-foot-step anywhere.

(so basically i dunno how you moved ten feet on a DC of ten)

• I thought about moving 5 feet before making the jump. But then I re-read the rules for jumping and what I made of them is that the DC's are for jumping across X feet, that is, if there's 5 feet between you and your desired landing spot, then you're jumping 5 feet.

If you think otherwise, I can adjust my post accordingly or whatever.

I think it works like movement does- walking five feet means walking to the square next to you, for instance.

Not that it matters, as the end result is the same- you end up next to the skeleton and miss your attack.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Random story: I was once running a game where there was a villain guy who was visible through a window. The players were standing on a sort of pier, and there was a five-foot gap over water between it and the window. One player decided he'd jump across the gap, crash through the window and kill the villain guy.

His roll was large enough to cross the gap, but not enough to get through the window. So he smacked into it, making a loud thump noise and alerting the villain to the party's presence. Then I had him roll a balance check to stay on the windowsill. Which he failed, falling into the water.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Now that's precious.

Fuck. Used the wrong die for damage on that last attack by accident; should be a d6, but scimitars are a d8 in 4e, so I guess I got mixed up.

It'd still be dead unless you rolled a 1, so eh.

That works.

So... we're waiting on vandro now, yes?

The turns are really running fast now. I just got back from a quinceañera. Anyhow.

Nah, it's cool. Not hurrying you, just posting in case you forgot turn order.

tell me if I actually am in range now.

I, uh, actually don't know. Can your spear attack from two squares away?

Of course, it doesn't actually matter, as you could move up to the skeleton anyway, and you hit and killed it.

And with Hobbes' attack, that's all the skeletons dead. Finally. :V

So, what's gonna happen with Rede? :V

I will probably have to kill her off.

That's kind of a downer.

Well, I could always do something worse to her if you wanted.

So, what kind of fate worse than death do you have up in store?

Well, I sure have been wondering where these necromancers got their corpses from. And their not-corpses.

So, are we going to check the previous room and find that she's mysteriously missing or something?

Sure :V

Actually, that'd work really well. Go do that. :|