If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Girls on the internet.

Comments

• BobBob
    edited 2011-04-28 23:01:38
    Bon: I doubt it. For some reason, I have a feeling that Karalora as a man would be treated like Rottweiler (oh, the irony).

Tnu: Answer the question and maybe you'll find out what I'm accusing you of.

Chagen: That doesn't answer the question (the first sentence, at least).
  • I have a feeling that some of you guys are trying to call me a sexist/misogynist in the nicest way possible.
  • I know I'd still find you rude and overly-aggressive if you were male, Bob.
  • The point is I consider Vorpy an interesting friend and a valued one as I do Chagen. I don't understand what her sex has to do with this.
  • edited 2011-04-28 23:02:29
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^^ Preeeeeetty much.
  • Honestly, I don't really give a crap about a person's gender online.  Then again, I'm pathetically submissive toward pretty much everyone I meet, online or off, so I may be a special case or something.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-28 23:05:07
    Tnu: So all that stuff on the first page about you treating women differently online and refusing to equate them with humans is all bullshit, then?

Don: You forgot lewd, petty and vengeful. If you're going to be a passive-aggressive bitch, at least do it right.
  • Everest: And in what am I one?

I've never viewed women as inferior to men. Most of my female characters in fiction are strong and actually contribute to the plot, I constantly check my stories and delete any parts that sound sexist, how can I be a misogynist when I do all that?
  • Actually, Bob, if you were male, your Lady Gaga fetish would take on a whole different meaning.
  • you know what Bob I have to say this right now frnakly you're a bi tch. You re an annoying judgmental bitch. Sorry i'm just getting defensive and experessing myself in a rather unsettlign way but it's how I feel. Honestly i'm startign to question mye xistance and what I mean my past rfactors in to it a lot not soemthign i've ever been able to help I don't know I feel like an awfle person.
  • >Don: You forgot lewd, petty and vengeful.

You're right, thanks for catching that.

In all seriousness, I'd like to think that I'm better at this sort of thing, but I probably have some underlying misogyny that manifests itself in other ways.

• Because if you weren't worried about sounding sexist and misogynistic, you wouldn't have to constantly check your stories. You would be able to just write normally.

Why don't you try followed GB's advice from that one thread, instead of making more threads that address the same root problem?
  • edited 2011-04-28 23:08:56
    @ Chuggles: Misogynistic? Clearly not. Sexist? In some ways, definitely.
  • edited 2011-04-28 23:07:44
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    No, no, no. Let her talk, Tnu.

You've completely contradicted what you said on the previous page. Mind explaining?

Also, cut down on the profanity. I have Glenn's banhammer right here...
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-28 23:07:55
    I prefer the word "asshole", but bitch works just fine. Yes, I am a bitch, and right now this bitch wants you to take your head out of your ass and answer the question instead of whining and contradicting yourself.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Cut down on the goddamned swearing here.
  • ok would you mind repeatign the quesiton mam? clearly as possible i'll do my best.
  • edited 2011-04-28 23:09:39
    No you don't have any banhammer Cygan.

And this forum is fucking full of cursing and so is the internet. Get used to it.

^ma'am.
  • edited 2011-04-28 23:10:00
    [tɕagɛn]
    Saturn: Actually, it's more that Radical Feminists have guilt-tripped people into believing that Feminity horrible and evil, so I paranoidly scrub any kind of passage where a female character is feminine or-gasp!-being helped by a guy.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Cygan, FYI, the banhammer only works when I wield it.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    @Chagen: What do you define as femininity?
  • edited 2011-04-28 23:11:46
    At the expense of them behaving realistically? Perhaps you should consult actual girls on how they feel about your characters.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Dammit Glenn

Why would you tell them that

Now how can I inspire fear?!

But yeah, seriously- please don't lead this into a whinefest or a flame war.
  • Glenn I think he's subcioncoiusly enforcing Real Women Never Wear Dresses.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-28 23:12:41
    What about Vorpy do you find interesting?

^^You never inspired fear. Sorry.

And please don't call me mam. Or ma'am. Or miss, or anything similar.
  • -sigh-  Where's the popcorn gif when you need it?

• edited 2011-04-28 23:13:58
    @ Chuggles: Or you could stop giving a shit about what radical feminists think and run the spectrum of personalities when possible, because some girls do, in fact, act feminine and take advantage of chauvinism, and pretending they don't is unrealistic.
    ^^You never inspired fear. Sorry.

T_T
  • Honestly Roberta i'm not entierly sure. you know what I giv3e up I have too many psychological issues that I can't figure out whatever yoru rig ht and i'm a horrible person happy now? I just want thigns to make sense again.
  • Glenn:I keep trying to come up with a definition, but it keeps sounding like gender roles from the 50s.