If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• edited 2012-11-03 03:31:34
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Now that's a challenge, the Dragoon's maximized potential relies on mounted combat. I'll scrounge feats for a bit.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Just post 'em here when you're ready.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

What level should the character start?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

One, unless you don't want to participate in the initial adventure, in which case PM me to work out roleplaying details and start at Level 3.

What races are allowed?

Any of the core races.

• edited 2012-11-03 06:34:16

@vandro: Mounted combat as a fighter is generally not that great an idea, even as a Dragoon, because horses are very fragile... although if you take 4 levels in Cavalier somewhere down the line, you can take a feat that gives your mount a progression equal to your character level.

@Nova: Would the Qinngong Monk archetype be fine? And could I get (again) a basic idea of the setting and campaign, for backstory purposes. If there isn't an overarching story, I could always go the Kung Fu, route.

• edited 2012-11-03 06:55:41
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Thanks for the heads-up, but it's kinda late, I've already played this class before, and got my horse killed. But then, they are expendable. There's also the monster cohort route as well.

I was watching Kung Fu the other night. What a good show. 

Would the Qinngong Monk archetype be fine?

Yes.

And could I get (again) a basic idea of the setting and campaign, for backstory purposes.

The campaign primarily takes place inside an ever-expanding city. Nobody quite knows why the city is always expanding; all anybody knows is that everyone inside the city has a compunction to pick up and build a new house on the outskirts of the city every few years. This has lead to a vast, sprawling city, with many areas of it currently uninhabited.

Within the city, seven noble Houses are playing against each other for power and wealth. These conflicts often hurt many of the regular citizens within the city.

Outside of the city, the land is growing more wild and vicious. The jungle directly outside the city of Evermor is constantly growing thicker, with more and more creatures being born. The oceans are churning, and are currently teeming with life. Even the air itself seems richer and denser.

As for the story itself, you're doing two things. You're going to be searching out the cause of the constant expansion of the city; and you're going to be helping a noble lady win herself a platform, from which she can take control of House Eris, and hopefully from there, help the people of the city.

• Has friends besides tanks now

One, unless you don't want to participate in the initial adventure, in which case PM me to work out roleplaying details and start at Level 3.

Ooh, this would actually be really helpful for my build idea, because then I wouldn't have to wait to access the Dervish Dance feat, if I play an Elf.

What bout my character sheet?

• edited 2012-11-03 17:03:14
    Has friends besides tanks now

Are we assuming average starting wealth, or rolling for it? I'm almost done with Django, but I need to know that before I start buying stuff.

EDIT: For armors/weapons, would the Adventurer's Armory be okay to use? Going off of this armor chart, this might be of use to me, depending on how much money I start with, and if I was to not use the Kensai archetype.

Ooh, this would actually be really helpful for my build idea, because then I wouldn't have to wait to access the Dervish Dance feat, if I play an Elf.

Well, if you wish to do that, PM me.

What bout my character sheet?

You have one too many skill ranks (5, when you have 2+Int modifier a level, +1 for being human).

Plus, you lack items, which leads me to;

Are we assuming average starting wealth, or rolling for it? I'm almost done with Django, but I need to know that before I start buying stuff.

Assuming you don't start at Level 3, you roll for wealth, yes.

For armors/weapons, would the Adventurer's Armory be okay to use?

I'd like to see the weapons first.

• edited 2012-11-03 21:13:54

Well, if you wish to do that, PM me.

Couldn't we just take a vote here? Or do you mean, if just I want to start at level 3, because I don't want to start off at a higher level than anyone else.

Assuming you don't start at Level 3, you roll for wealth, yes.

Okay. (Rolled: 4d6. Rolls: 1, 6, 5, 3. Total: 15)

I'd like to see the weapons first.

Eh, for what it's worth, I'll stick with Kensai, so feel free to disregard that, unless someone else asks. Never mind, some of the equipment I'd like is from it, so here.

What about the Pathfinder Field Society Guide? Is Dungeoneering going to factor in often enough for a Dungeoneering Kit to be a good idea?

POTENTIAL CHEATING DETECTED. If it appears that dice were rolled in this post, they may need to be disregarded as fabricated.

POTENTIAL CHEATING DETECTED. If it appears that dice were rolled in this post, they may need to be disregarded as fabricated.

Couldn't we just take a vote here? Or do you mean, if just I want to start at level 3, because I don't want to start off at a higher level than anyone else.

I meant, if you wanted to start at Level 3. Reason being, there's an initial adventure (I spoke about it earlier in the thread; going to tackle a crypt within the city that's harassing some of the locals), and the people who finish the initial adventure should end up around Level 3 (plus or minus a bit), plus have a reason to go on later adventures relating to that crypt.

Anyone who starts at Level 3 simply skips that early adventure, and then PM's me to work out the details, RP-wise, as to why you would go on the later adventures.

Ah. Well, Weapon Finesse lets me use other stuff, until I go full Dervish Dance (in-character, Django's still practicing with his ancient Scimitar when he can). So, I'll go along with the first quest.

Anyway.

Never mind, some of the equipment I'd like is from it, so here.

I want to accept it just for the sheer absurdity of allowing 'sharpened combat scabbards' into the game.

What about the Pathfinder Field Society Guide? Is Dungeoneering going to factor in often enough for a Dungeoneering Kit to be a good idea?

I don't actually know what either of those things are.

• edited 2012-11-03 21:29:35

A Dungeoneering Kit has: "2 candles, chalk, a hammer and 4 pitons, 50 feet of hemp rope, a hooded lantern with 5 flasks of oil, 2 sacks, 2 torches, and 4 tindertwigs." Costs 15 GP and weighs 25 lbs.

As for the rest of the book, I dunno.

But I think I've settled on equipment anyway. I wasn't actually able to take that much without over-encumbering  myself, because apparently a waterskin weighs 4 lbs, and a backpack 2. >_>

sharpened combat scabbards

I agree that this needs to happen.

EDIT: Another question: are we making money weigh anything?

EDIT 2: Hopefully this is my last question: did you have a name in mind for this campaign?

A Dungeoneering Kit has: "2 candles, chalk, a hammer and 4 pitons, 50 feet of hemp rope, a hooded lantern with 5 flasks of oil, 2 sacks, 2 torches, and 4 tindertwigs." Costd 15 GP and weighs 25 lbs.

You probably won't need that. Maybe the rope and lanters+oil, but that should be it.

Another question: are we making money weigh anything?

No.

You have one too many skill ranks (5, when you have 2+Int modifier a level, +1 for being human).

2+Int mod +1 human + 1 Favored Class

• edited 2012-11-03 21:50:01

Oh, yeah, Favored Class. I'll go do that. Along with writing the flavor stuff, and then I'll be done.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I'll have my actual character sheet to you as soon as....well as soon as Funnyguts has time to help me with it.

Which will ideally be soon. 

• edited 2012-11-03 22:28:08

Djanain Djanwa (formerly Django Djanwa)

If anything's amiss, someone let me know.

How do you have more spells than I do.

oh right sorcerer 

2+Int mod +1 human + 1 Favored Class

Right. You didn't mark Fighter/Dragoon as your favoured class. (Also, I think I can give Tetra bonus HP and skill points for that, sweet.)

If anything's amiss, someone let me know.

Nope. Although I'm assuming Kensai is your favoured class here.

Yeah. I'll note that, then.

Hey isn't there an Elf in Morrowind named Django somethingorather?

No idea. If there is, I can change Django to Djanain, or something.

Actually, Djanain is pretty cool anyway. I'mma do that.

I don't care or anything, I was just wondering.