If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Hey isn't there an Elf in Morrowind named Django somethingorather?

Nope.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I really could've sworn there was.

I'm going to google this now, because it's bothering me. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I did google it.

There's a modder by the name of Django, but that's it.

Maybe that's what I'm thinking of then.

LOL IGNORE ME I SUCK COCKS 

Django is also the name of a programming thing.

Indeed.

And a musician (Django Reinhardt) 

But the programming thing is more directly relevant, as it's often used in modding Morrowind.

You know what?

Your face is used in modding Morrowind. 

• edited 2012-11-03 22:38:20
    Has friends besides tanks now

To the surprise of no one, Django's also a One Piece character. That's where I got that name from.

But now that I have a definite naming scheme for Djanain and his family, I can call him that instead.

I am not entirely sure what to do with the other part of Rede's name.

For awhile she was Useli Rede, but that's stupid.

"Rede" itself is just a version of Reda, which, given that it's in the Common Female Half-Elf Names List I can only assume is the Halfelvish equivalent of "Sue" as far as names go.

Although it's pronounced "Reed" so maybe it's not that at all.

Maybe I'm just a huge faggot who thinks too much about names. 

• edited 2012-11-03 22:41:55

All that matters is that you come out of it with a name that doesn't sound silly (as in most of fantasy, with D&D not being an exception), in my opinion.

I'm trying to come up with something that sounds like a Kobold word or series of words indicating that she can shoot lightning out of her fingers.

There are several reasons for this, mostly the Kobold thing I've been repeatedly mentioning, and the shooting lightning out of her fingers that I've also been repeatedly mentioning.

Thing is I don't know Kobold and am pretty sure that no one knows Kobold. And the only word from the language anyone's ever heard is "Yark". And "Yark" sucks. 

Tetra is a shortened form of tetractys, which is... a triangle.

It's also the name of the pirate in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, which is awesome.

• edited 2012-11-03 22:49:54
    "It's also the name of the pirate in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, which is awesome."

It's also the name of an backup character I made for a meatspace campaign. :V

^^ I'm sure there's a Kobold name generator, assuming PC Kobolds don't already have a page on Paizo's site, or the d20ptrsd or whatever it is.

I think Kobold is considered its own seperate language, though I would not be surprised for it to share a root with Draconic, or to have simply descended from Draconic.

Actually, I should check that. Because I am not sure if they're considered the same language or not, though I don't think so. 

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I just Pulled Zoras random from my head, most likely from Legend of Zelda's fish people and Yuell from a Valkrya Chronicles town.

• edited 2012-11-03 22:51:40
    ^^ I think it would just seem different, on account of Kobolds being much smaller and wimpier-sounding than other Draconic speakers.

It's also the name of an backup character I made for a meatspace campaign. :V

But I bet it wasn't a Paladin with a Charisma of 19. :|

Also, I can't wait to have fun with Djanain's 7 Charisma/Lazuli's 18 Charisma/Tetra's 19 Charisma.

You realize that Djanain is basically the socially awkward nerd, right?

I think Kobold is considered its own seperate language, though I would not be surprised for it to share a root with Draconic, or to have simply descended from Draconic.

Nope, Kobold is Draconic. Kobolds speak Common and Draconic.

• edited 2012-11-03 22:52:56
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Apparently Pathfinder Kobolds do in fact speak Draconic.

Speaking of the distinction between the two, are we going with Pathfinder Kobolds or more traditional D&D ones? Because Pathfinder Kobolds look kinda different. 

You realize that Djanain is basically the socially awkward nerd, right?

It could also mean he's really abrasive. Which would just cause more sparks to fly than already would, considering Rede is a Half-Elf who kind of hates being half Elf. 

• Has friends besides tanks now
    "You realize that Djanain is basically the socially awkward nerd, right?"

That's literally what he is, yeah.

"But I bet it wasn't a Paladin with a Charisma of 19. :|"

Nope. Just a Fireshaping Psion with Charisma 26. (4e, for what it's worth)

I appear to have actually been looking at the illustration for something else.

So nevermind. 

Nope. Just a Fireshaping Psion with Charisma 26. (4e, for what it's worth)

I couldn't even get Tetra's Charisma to 20 :|

"It could also mean he's really abrasive."

That, too. He's sort of like if the average 4channer spent his time constructively.
  • edited 2012-11-03 22:58:20
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Mine's only 18.

And I'm playing a class that casts from Charisma.

Though, I guess that by the time Tetra enters stage left Rede will probably have caught up a bit in that department. 

That, too. He's sort of like if the average 4channer spent his time constructively.

Oh this is going to be golden

No, you can't get another point in Charisma until Level 4, at which point Tetra's will advance to 20. (Paladins get many advantages based on their Charisma score, including bonuses to all their saves.)

I am rather saddened by that, I'll be honest with you.

Though I don't really want to cut anything, so bleh. 

• edited 2012-11-03 23:07:46
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness. This ability represents actual strength of personality, not merely how one is perceived by others in a social setting.

Just so everyone knows what Charisma even does.

(basically Djanain is ugly :3 )

Heh. Pretty much.

How in-depth are we allowed to be with character backstory?