If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

If it gets very in-depth, run it by me, either by posting it here or via PM, so I can tell you if any of it is inconsistent.

Also, checking out the Summoner class, I can't tell if you're able to summon one Eidolon, or if you have multiple Eidolons you can summon, or if you're able to summon various forms of the one Eidolon.

• edited 2012-11-03 23:24:06
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

You have one, normally. You can change its form with what I believe the game calls evolutions or something, but it's the same Eidolon (mine was a Cadaver Collecter-like creature named Gyre).

There are variants that give you two or a brood of smaller Eidolons. 

As for the backstory, I'm not sure how in-depth it will be. But I just noticed that there's a "contacts" thing on that character sheet and I've already thought of five people to put on it, three of whom are probably plot useless since they're Kobolds. 

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Why does nobody ever have armour.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Because armor is for people who can't take a hit.

I am still deciding which one to use.

Because armor is for people who can't take a hit.

Armour is less than desirable for spellcasters, who are the "I can't take a hit for shit" classes. Arcane spell failure.

Armour is also less desirable for Rogues and the like, who do better with their Dexterity bonus to AC than anything else.

Fighters and Paladins do well with armour (especially due to their lack of high-damage options such as casters get).

• edited 2012-11-03 23:54:00
    Has friends besides tanks now

Because I have a convenient excuse not to use it (hell yeah, Canny Defense and Shield!), and it would add to my Encumbrance. :3

Armour is less than desirable for spellcasters, who are the "I can't take a hit for shit" classes. Arcane spell failure.

Armour is also less desirable for Rogues and the like, who do better with their Dexterity bonus to AC than anything else.

Fighters and Paladins do well with armour (especially due to their lack of high-damage options such as casters get).

Nova.

That post I made.

It was a facetious post. 

It was a facetious post. 

I cannot tell.

Is there any feats that let me add my CHA bonus to attack rolls/damage rolls/AC, I wonder...

I cannot tell.

Well luckily I just told you.

And now your jimmies will be forever unrustled. 

• Has friends besides tanks now

Now comes the issue of whether or not I can actually roleplay a character with 20 Intelligence. :/

Zoras Yuell 1.3 Now with minimal armor! How is the full party looking right now?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So...my character has an obsidian tiger.

As it grows, it will gain wings, a Large size and the ability to wield weapons in its mouth.

I love this class.

Okay.

Anyway, after talking with Clockwork on Steam for a while, I have decided that I would like a Griffin mount. Paladins get a mount at fifth level.

However, a Griffin mount is a fair bit more powerful than a regular Warhorse is. So, I have decided to take it here, to see what people think.

I do recognize that it would be unfair to give myself an advantage and nobody else, so... I don't know. What would everyone else consider to be around equal in terms of the power boost (assuming nobody has a problem with it, anyway)?

• edited 2012-11-04 00:10:29

Quadrupedal Eidolon can't wield weapons unless they get an extra set of limbs.

I do recognize that it would be unfair to give myself an advantage and nobody else, so... I don't know. What would everyone else consider to be around equal in terms of the power boost (assuming nobody has a problem with it, anyway)?

If we're granting ourselves wishes here, could I get an elemental buddy to have at some point? I would leave power level totally up to you, because I know nothing about how Air Elementals scale, but I just think it would be cool to have. 

Actually I suppose a construct of some sort would make a lot more sense. There's a procedure and stuff for that.

On the other hand I could see this rather easily getting out of control. 

Zoras Yuell 1.3 Now with minimal armor! How is the full party looking right now?

It's looking to be pretty good (although with minimal healing abilities).

Quadrupedal Eidolon can't wield weapons unless they get an extra set of limbs

Aw :c

Quadrupedal Eidolon can't wield weapons unless they get an extra set of limbs.

Incorrect.

Weapon Training (Ex): An eidolon learns to use a weapon, gaining Simple Weapon Proficiency as a bonus feat. If 2 additional evolution points are spent, it gains proficiency with all martial weapons as well.

There is no requirement to have arms.

I honestly will try to get a monster cohort to serve as mount if we reach the necessary level. Although I would most likely need to get some diplomacy ranks.

• edited 2012-11-04 00:12:15

Da fuck?

That's strange. I could've sworn that was errata'd at some point.

Well whatever. I don't really care. 

Also I think Breath Weapon would probably be a better investment if memory serves. Or at least a cooler one. 

• edited 2012-11-04 00:12:36

You could probably just buy my favor with a magic item that's sort of tailored to me in some way, as opposed to perhaps the random loot we'd come across anyway. Or maybe I could get a familiar, or a trainee, or something.

Yay :D

If we're granting ourselves wishes here, could I get an elemental buddy to have at some point? I would leave power level totally up to you, because I know nothing about how Air Elementals scale, but I just think it would be cool to have. 

Actually I suppose a construct of some sort would make a lot more sense. There's a procedure and stuff for that.

On the other hand I could see this rather easily getting out of control. 

... I don't know.

A Small Air Elemental is not all that powerful, but it is more powerful than even the bridge between the powers of the Warhorse and the Griffin.

The more I think about it, the more I acknowledge that it is kind of a dumb thing to want. I just think that it's cool.

You could probably just buy my favor with a magic item that's sort of tailored to me in some way, as opposed to perhaps the random loot we'd come across anyway. Or maybe I could get a familiar, or a trainee, or something.

That was the sort of thing I was thinking of, yes. Like, Clockwork suggested getting a couple of extra Evolution Points for his Eidolon, and I could see people getting extra skill points, or a low-level familiar/construct, or a specific (weakish) magic item.

• edited 2012-11-04 00:18:40

^^ It would probably be easier to just play things by the books this time around, yeah. My biggest problem, I guess, is: what, exactly, is comparable to extra mount hit dice and mount flight, for a very different class, or classes? It'll grant that this isn't a DMPC favoritism issue, since you're offering to us, as well, but this ultimately seems like it could be an unnecessary balance risk.

I should note that, I know for a fact at some point I gain Elemental Body as a bonus spell. Letting me turn into an Air Elemental.

I don't know if that factors into your decision or not at all.

Frankly I'm not even sure I'd want it all that much, and I also don't really wanna take away CU's class's main draw, which is the uniqueness of having a permanent companion who's integral to class from level 1 on up. 

All I would benefit from is some magic weapon or the like.

It would probably be easier to just play things by the books this time around, yeah.

There is also the fact that I don't like horses much, and it is noted that Paladins can ride creatures other than warhorses- although the specific examples given are boars, camels and dogs (dogs?).

I don't know. Maybe I'll think of something else to have.

Maybe I'll do a Hinjo and summon a wolf to ride. !!!

Dogs are for Small creatures to ride.